Before going on, be sure you have checked each step in the
previous list. Correct any errors before going further.
- Make sure the toggle switch handle is at the CENTER or LEFT
- Snap a 9-volt battery to the connector whose red lead is at
hole F23. Then insert the battery into the battery clip closest
to the top of the case.
- Snap a 9-volt battery to the second connector. Then insert the
battery into the battery clip closest to the bottom of the case.
- Connect the probes of a voltmeter to the output terminals.
Don't over tighten the terminals or they might come loose.
- Set the voltmeter switch to read DC VOLTS. (CAUTION: At other
settings the voltmeter may be damaged.)
- Now apply power to the TERC VHS-1 by pushing the toggle switch
handle to the RIGHT. The voltmeter will indicate a small voltage.
If the voltage exceeds several volts, immediately push the toggle
switch to the CENTER or LEFT position and remove both battery
connectors. Then carefully review all the wiring to find the
source of the problem.
- When the circuit is working, shine a bright lamp or flashlight
on the LED. If the voltage displayed on the voltmeter increases
when light strikes the LED, your TERC VHS-1 is ready to be
aligned and tested outdoors.